Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Funny, Famous and Cute Quotes about Cats and Dogs


By Linda Cole

When it comes to having an opinion about “man's best friend” or the inquisitive nature of a cat, we don't have to look far for a great quote expressing someone's impression of their favorite pet. I enjoy reading quotes about cats and dogs because some of them make me stop and think, some make me laugh, and some make me wonder why our pets continue to put up with us. I'd like to share with you some of my favorite funny, famous and cute quotes about cats and dogs.

Cat Quotes

“There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.” - Unknown

“To a cat, ‘No’ means not while I'm looking.” - Unknown

“Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through snow.” - Jeff Valdez

“I love cats because I enjoy my home; and, little by little, they become its visible soul.” - Jean Cocteau

“Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.” - Anonymous

“I put down my book, The Meaning of Zen, and see the cat smiling into her fur as she delicately combs it with her rough pink tongue. ‘Cat, I would lend you this book to study but it appears you have already read it.’ She looks up and gives me her full gaze. ‘Don't be ridiculous,’ she purrs, ‘I wrote it.’” - Dilys Laing

“Cat's motto: No matter what you've done wrong, always try to make it look like the dog did it.” - Unknown

“I don't think it is so much the actual bath that most cats dislike; I think it's the fact that they have to spend a good part of the day putting their hair back in place.” - Debbie Peterson

“If I tried to tell you how much I love my cats, you wouldn't understand me – unless your heart is also meow-shaped and covered in stray fur.” - Lexie Saige

Dog Quotes

“It came to me that every time I lose a dog, they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.” - Unknown

“Dogs come when they're called. Cats take a message and get back to you later.” - Mary Bly

“A person can learn a lot from a dog, even a loopy one like ours. Marley taught me about living each day with unbridled exuberance and joy, about seizing the moment and following your heart. He taught me to appreciate the simple things – a walk in the woods, a fresh snowfall, a nap in a shaft of winter sunlight. And as he grew old and achy, he taught me about optimism in the face of adversity. Mostly, he taught me about friendship and selflessness and, above all else, unwavering loyalty.” - John Grogan, Marley and Me

“Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring – it was peace.” - Milan Kundera

“My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am.” - Unknown

“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.” – Unknown

 “All in the town were still asleep,
When the sun came up with a shout and a leap.
In the lonely streets unseen by man,
A little dog danced. And the day began.”
- Robert Rupert

“I look into your great brown eyes,
Where love and loyal homage shine,
And wonder where the difference lies
Between your soul and mine!”
- Josiah G. Holland

Quotes That Make You Think

“The difference between friends and pets is that friends we allow into our company, pets we allow into our solitude.” - Robert Brault

 “Pets are humanizing. They remind us we have an obligation and responsibility to preserve and nurture and care for all life.” - James Cromwell

“We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.” - Immanuel Kant

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.” - Anatole France

Cat photo by Shreyans Bhansali
Dog photo by Roens

Read more articles by Linda Cole

3 comments:

  1. Those are some great quotes and all so darn true. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your post Linda - this was perfect too..all sooo true :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Loving Max. I appreciate very much hearing that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...