Friday, April 22, 2011

How to Tell if You Are a “Crazy Cat Person”

By Julia Williams

When I was thinking about writing this article, I initially decided it would be about ways to tell if you are a Crazy Cat Lady. But then I realized that even though a lot of men won’t admit they love cats, I have seen plenty of evidence that they do. Take for example, my new favorite show Must Love Cats. Every episode has at least one story, and usually more, illustrating manly devotion to felines. Many of these guys are so over the top in their cat worship they’d certainly qualify as Crazy Cat Men. So I opted to make this a unisex quiz because hey, we should all know if our cat adoration is out of control, right? Not that we need to defend ourselves or do anything about it – as if that would ever happen! Now answer truthfully, and tally up your “yes” answers to get your score.

1. Do you find it hard to resist buying a new cat toy every time you go shopping for household stuff?
2. When strangers come into your home, are there obvious signs that you have a cat, such as furry mice and other cat toys on the floor, a scratching post, cat tree or pet bed in the middle of the living room?
3. When you’re sitting down and a cat is sleeping peacefully on your lap, do you forego getting up because you don’t want to wake them, even though you really, really need to get up?
4. Do you have any clothing with cats on it, and more importantly, do you actually dare to wear it in public?
5. Do you display cat photos, art or calendars on your walls?
6. Are there cat knickknacks on your shelves, desk or mantle, or cat magazines on your coffee table?
7. Do you go outside to open a can of soup, so your cat won’t hear the sound and come running in demanding to be fed? (Bonus points if you do this because you hate to wake them up for no good reason).
8. Do you have a cat tattoo?
9. Do you hesitate to take a vacation because you can’t bear the thought of being away from your cat for that long?
10. Do you let your cat sleep under the covers of your bed, even though you know there will be tiny pebbles of kitty litter on your sheets in the morning? (I really hope it’s not just me).
11. Do you like to watch your cat eat, wash themselves, or sleep all contorted in a tiny box because you find it “cute?”
12. Do you take kitty out for walks in a cat stroller, or walk them on a leash?
13. Do you let your cat sleep pretty much anywhere it wants to?
14. Do you leave parties and family gatherings early because it’s time for your cat to get their noms?
15. Do you call out, “Mommy’s home!” or “Daddy’s here!” when you walk in the door?
16. If your cat jumps up on the kitchen table or the counter, do you scream in horror or simply shrug?
17. Do you telephone your cat when you’re away from home, and talk to them via the answering machine?
18. Do people tell you that your cat is spoiled?
19. If your wife or husband said, “It’s me or the cat,” would you immediately pick up the phone to call a divorce lawyer?
20. Does your cat think you worship the ground it walks on? Do you?

SCORING

If you answered “yes” to one or more of these questions, it’s official. You love cats, and you’re not afraid to admit it. As for me, I’m never going to tell anyone how many yes answers I had. That information is better left unsaid. I do have a reputation as the Crazy Cat Lady to uphold, after all.

Photo by John Talbot

Read more articles by Julia Williams

11 comments:

  1. I answered 'yes' to every question but the tattoo! I always knew I loved cats, but it's definitely official now! Great quiz!

    The Monkeys' Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even have to answer the questions. I already know I am cat crazy or the crazy cat lady of the neighborhood. I of course answered yes to all the questions. I do not have a cat tattoo though. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a 9 - but I am sure I am crazy. Oh...and I may make it to 10 since I am considering a new tattoo....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was fun. My answers were yes to almost all of them. I already knew that I love cats though. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I answered yes to an awful lot in fact the no's would go on one hand and give change MOl. So I think it is true I am a crazy cat lover, but I allready knew that. Great quiz Hugs GJ x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marmie answered yes to all but 3. She's too young for crazy catladydom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am proud to say I got an 18/20!!!! But I knew I would! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our mom answered yes to almost all of these!! She doesn't have a cat tattoo....but she's threatened to get some cat paws!! She's definitely a Crazy Cat Lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! I answered yes to most of the questions, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE THIS POST!!!

    Happy Easter, friend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...