Tuesday, December 22, 2009

5 Reasons to Support Your Local Independent Pet Store


By Julia Williams

Growing up, my parents knew that the local pet store was my favorite place to be, bar none. Animals were – and still are – “my thing.” I loved going down to the pet store to play with the kittens and puppies, and I could watch the hamsters spinning on their wheels and the fish cruising in their tanks for hours. If the owners and my parents had agreed to let me live there, I probably would have.

Today, the fond memories of those frequent childhood visits to this special place bring me joy but also a touch of sadness. I am all too aware that with the proliferation of discount mega-retailers, the future of the local independent pet store is uncertain. Now more than ever, it’s vital that we support these unique local stores so we don’t lose the many wonderful things they offer us as consumers and animal lovers.

Here are five good reasons to support your local independent pet store.

Personal service

For the last 75 years, the local independent pet store has been the heart and soul of our communities. These pet stores are operated by small business owners who are fully committed to giving their customers the very best service possible. The owners almost always live in the community, and chances are when you walk into their store they will greet you by name. My local independent pet store makes me feel like my patronage matters to them, because it truly does! I am so much more to them than just a nameless, faceless consumer among millions; I am an individual, with individual needs and concerns. When they thank me for my business as I walk out the door, I know that they really mean it.

Expert advice

The food we choose for our pets plays a crucial role in their development and ongoing good health. With so many choices available to consumers today, it can be difficult to decide which pet food to feed our beloved dogs and cats. Local independent pet stores can be of great help with this important decision. The owners and employees are highly educated about pet food and they have years –sometimes decades – of experience in recommending the right food for your pet.

Premium quality pet food

As responsible pet owners, nothing is more important than the health and well being of our beloved animal companions. We are concerned about the safety of the food we feed to our pets, as well as the nutritional value it provides. We want to feed them a pet food that is made from the most nutritious ingredients possible. Simply put, we want safe, healthy food at an affordable price.

Local independent pet stores carry only the finest, high-quality pet food brands available. When you shop at a local independent pet store, you can be confident that the premium brands on display, like CANIDAE dog food and FELIDAE cat food, are great choices that will help you keep your companion animal in good health.

Consistency

The highly trained staff of your local independent pet store provides reliable hands-on service and trustworthy advice. Their knowledge of the products they carry is impeccable, and this helps them provide a consistent shopping experience every time you visit their store.

Uniqueness

Local independent businesses are the backbone of our communities. Each store has its own distinctive style, with unique décor and an ambiance that makes stocking up on pet food and supplies an enjoyable experience rather than a chore.

For these five reasons and more, CANIDAE Pet Foods will always support the local independent pet stores. And as a cat owner who wants the very best for my cherished companion and my community, I will too. If we all support these irreplaceable local pet stores, there is hope that they can remain in our communities to serve future generations of pet lovers.

Read more articles by Julia Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...