Saturday, June 13, 2009

Grain Free Cat Food - New From CANIDAE


By Ruthie Bently

I am thrilled to be able to impart this news to my readers. CANIDAE® All Natural Pet Foods is introducing two new formulas to their FELIDAE® line of cat foods, and they are both grain free. FELIDAE Grain Free Cat and Kitten is made with chicken, turkey and fish meals, and fresh lamb. The other formula is FELIDAE Grain Free Salmon and the salmon is wild-caught from the Pacific Ocean.

Like the CANIDAE Grain Free ALS for dogs, both formulas are grain free and the protein comes from 80% meats and 20% fruits and vegetables. Not only that, they also include essential antioxidant vitamins and amino acid chelated minerals. The formulas contain carefully balanced Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids with a 5 to 1 ratio for optimal nutrition, and guaranteed viable micro-organisms and cranberries for urinary tract health. These formulas are a win-win for any cat that eats them.

I have been associated with the pet industry since 1976, and am very happy to be working with a company that pays attention to the needs and requests of its customers and their pets. Jason Castillo from CANIDAE recently commented on the new formulas, “Cat owners have been asking for all natural grain free diets. Since cats generally require a higher level of protein than dogs, we feel grain free makes a lot of sense for felines. So, we’re very proud to once again deliver what our customers have asked for by offering two new wholesome and nutritious high quality cat foods that are completely grain free.”

I can personally attest to the palatability of the new FELIDAE formulas. I was lucky enough to be able to try the new formulas on my own cats. When I first put my AmStaff Skye on the CANIDAE Grain Free ALS, I couldn’t keep the cats out of her dish. I had to feed Skye in her crate, so I was delighted when I got small bags of the FELIDAE Grain Free formulas to try on the cats. The cats knew that what the delivery man dropped off was for them, and I could not keep them away from the boxes containing the new food before they were even opened.

I tried to gradually introduce the new formulas one at a time by mixing them in with the regular FELIDAE Cat & Kitten that my cats were eating. They decided that they wanted the new formulas rather than what they were eating, and started picking out the new formula, even though it was mixed in with their regular food. I do not free feed my cats and they get a bowl of food in the morning and one in the evening, and the queue at the feeding dish would have been an unbelievable sight if I hadn’t known what had been the cause.

So if you get the chance the next time you are in your local independent retailer of CANIDAE, stop in and pick up a bag of the new FELIDAE Grain Free Cat & Kitten food; I promise you won’t be disappointed.

Read more articles by Ruthie Bently

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...